Research shows that just by tracking weight, food, and exercise, you can automatically boost your motivation and ability to make healthier choices.
In addition to tracking your weight, please start tracking everything that you eat and drink. Yep, everything. Meals, snacks, sodas, sips and nibbles, whole bags of chips, beer, wine, late-night snacks… we want to know it all.
To track food:
- Log in to Omada and click on the Tracking tab located on the left-hand side of the page. The Food and Activity tracker is located on the Tracking page.
- Click on the blue Food tab and click on Add Breakfast.
- Choose a Healthiness rating.
- Next choose a Portion Size.
- Click on the box that says "Add food or drinks" and type a meal item. Hit the "enter" (or "return" key) on your keyboard to add an additional item, or click the blue Save button if you are finished entering your meal.
Food descriptions can be brief, but do include quantities and cooking methods to paint a clear picture. Or, if you're using the mobile app, you can snap an actual picture that your coach will be able to see.
- Repeat these steps when clicking on Add Lunch, Add Dinner and Add Snack.
At the top of the Food Tracker, you will see the days of the week. You can click on any day previous to the word NOW (today) and update your food entries for previous days.