Most mobile phones are able to track your steps automatically, but there are some minimum requirements for this feature to work.
For iPhone users
The iPhone 5, 6, 6 Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, and X are capable of tracking a user's steps. Older versions of the iPhone are not capable of tracking steps even with the Health app installed.
1. Download the Omada mobile application at https://go.omadahealth.com/mobile or by searching for Omada in the App Store.
2. Log in to the Omada mobile app.
3. Tap on Progress at the bottom of the screen.
4. Then click on the Activity tile.
5. A prompt should appear asking if you'd like help tracking your steps. Tap Turn On.
6. The Health app will open on your iPhone device. Tap on the toggle next to Steps to turn on step tracking permissions.
7. Tap on Allow in the top right corner to allow Omada permission to sync steps from the Health app.
Note: If the prompt in step 5 does not appear, please log out and back into the Omada app. Once you have logged back in, please follow steps 3-7 above.