Case| Issue: Understanding how and when to submit a Knowledge Base Request using the knowledge capture app in Zendesk.
Description | Used for:
The knowledge capture app is used to search for Help Center articles and link to them, without leaving the ticket. You can flag an internal/external knowledge article by adding a comment near the relevant text describing the needed change.
When to Submit a request
Assess before you request:
- Does this affect the team/future responses or my own ticket?
- Does this affect CSAT or SLA?
- Do I have a specific suggestion to make, versus requesting an edit with no example?
How to Submit Request for an existing knowledge article
1. In the new or existing ticket, once you’ve identified the knowledge article to update, click the Knowledge Capture icon in the editor toolbar under the ticket comment.
2. Enter a topic or keyword in the search bar and press enter.
3. Hover over the article and click on ‘Expand article.’
4. Hover over the text that needs to be updated and click on the comment icon that appears closest to that section. Please note that not all sections of a knowledge article will display the comment icon.
5. A comment field will appear; enter your feedback and click Send Feedback.
6. Once the comment has been submitted, a new ticket will be created and added to the PSSO - Knowledge Mgmt queue in Zendesk
- Please note that only the Knowledge SMEs will have access to the queue.
How to Submit Request for a (new)macro or new knowledge article
- Open a new ticket
- Apply and fill out macro Template::Knowledge feedback - macro, IKB, EKB
- Subject: title of your request
- Submit as New
Additional resources: Knowledge Requests Slide deck.