The Omada on-call CDE who has called you in response to a very high/low reading will only call your emergency contact if they determine that you need additional help (for example, because you were slurring your words or unable to speak).
Articles in this section
- How do I update my emergency contact?
- What happens if I miss the call?
- I have a new phone number; how do I update it?
- Will I have the option to choose whether I want a call in response to a very high/low reading?
- When will my emergency contact be called?
- When will the CDE call?
- Why do I have to provide an emergency contact?
- How do I subscribe to — or unsubscribe from — 24/7 Blood Glucose Phone Support?
- I received an email saying 24/7 Blood Glucose Phone Support was suspended for me, but I didn’t unsubscribe. What happened?
- What are the benefits of subscribing to 24/7 Blood Glucose Phone Support?