This article is for any Continuous Glucose Meter that is not the Abbott FreeStyle Libre 14 Day System.
If you are looking to connect your Abbott FreeStyle Libre 14 Day System to Omada Health, please follow the instructions here.
The Omada Health mobile app is able to sync glucose values from your Continuous Glucose Meter (“CGM”) directly from the health app on your mobile device. These health apps include Apple Health, Samsung Health, or Google Fit.
In order to sync the glucose values from your CGM, the manufacturer-specific CGM mobile app must first be connected to the health app on your mobile device.
Connecting your CGM app to your health app:
- Contact your health coach or specialist, and let them know you would like to connect your CGM. This is an important step! This will make sure your account is set up to receive your CGM data.
- Confirm you have the following apps installed on your mobile device:
- Manufacturer-specific CGM app
- Health app of your choice: Apple Health (iOS), or Samsung Health (Samsung), or Google Fit (Android)
Syncing data from your health app to the Omada mobile app:
- Go to the menu in the Omada app
- Choose “Settings”
- Scroll to the “Health Tracking” section
- Select “Apps & Devices”
- Your Apple Health, Samsung Health or Google Fit app will prompt you to agree to sharing your glucose data with Omada. If you don't select “Yes,” then Omada will not receive your glucose data.
- When completed, you will receive a screen with information regarding the health app sync process.
- When the sync from the CGM app is successfully completed, data from your CGM will be added to the Progress page within the Omada app. Data will be available on a three hour time delay (e.g. at 10 AM, data from 7 AM will be visible in the Omada app).
- Again, please make sure you let your health coach or specialist know that you would like to connect your CGM. This is an important step that will ensure your CGM data connects to your Omada account.
- Some CGM apps only release data on a time delay ( 3 hours or longer); so your glucose data will only display in Omada’s app as the data is released from the CGM app.
- Omada is able to sync data from the health app only when the Omada app is actively open on your screen; if you are not using your Omada app, the data will not sync to Omada — and your coach or Specialist will be unable to see it. Once the data syncs, your coach or specialist will be able to review the past 7 days of CGM data.
- Data can only be synced from a CGM app when there is a completed connection loop: CGM app connected to the mobile device health app, as well as the health app connected to Omada.
- If you did not agree when your health app prompted you about sharing with Omada, but you do want to share your glucose data with Omada, you can simply change the settings within your health app or repeat the steps under “Syncing data from your health app to the Omada mobile app,” first unselecting the “Blood Glucose Tracking” option, then reselecting it.