Skills are available to certain Omada participants who are using their desktop computer to view their Omada account. Skills are not available on the iPhone or Android mobile app or for new participants, as we are currently developing new tools for the Omada program! Skills are an optional portion of your Omada experience used to practice what you’ve learned in the program and help reinforce healthy habits.
For each skill you complete, you will earn points. Challenge your fellow group members to see who can earn the most points! You also have the option to share your report after completing a skill, and then your group will be able to see your response. Feel free to use what you’ve learned to start a new discussion with your group.
On the Skills page, you will see an overview of the skills available to you. Each skill overview will summarize the activity and list the following:
- Amount of time the activity takes (for example, 10 minutes per day)
- How much time must elapse after you've committed to it and before you can report back (for example, 3 days)
- Number of points that can be earned
As an example, in the skill above, the amount of activity time expected is 10 minutes each day, and the length of time you will need to be committed to the skill is 7 full days. Then once you submit a report to complete the skill, you will earn 200 points.
How to View Skills:
- Log in to your Omada account through a browser (like Chrome or Safari) on a computer or mobile device.
- Click on Skills in the left-hand navigation panel.
- Once on the skills page, you can see available modules.
- Click on a skill that interests you. You will be taken to that skill’s page to read more about the activity.
Note: You can only be committed to three skills at the same time.
If you have completed a Skill, you can still access it on your Skills page by switching the View from Available to Completed.
How to Commit to a Skill:
- Find a skill that interests you, and click on the skill you would like to begin.
- Read through the module information to understand the activity and how much time it will take.
- Click the blue Commit to this module button at the bottom of the description.
- Schedule this activity on your calendar. Make sure to give yourself enough time to complete the activity as it relates to the time requirement (for example, 10 minutes per day for 3 full days in a row.)
- You will be able to report back and enter what you learned after the allotted time for the skill activity has passed. For instance, if a skill requires a 3-day commitment, you will not be able to complete the skill and submit a report until that 3-day time period has elapsed.
How to Complete a Skill:
After the allotted time for a skills module has passed, you can complete the module by submitting your report.
- Under "Modules in Progress" you’ll see red text that reads “Report Due!” if the minimum time required to complete the activity has elapsed.
- Click on the title of the Skill you've completed to submit your report.
- In the text box provided, enter any reflections you have about the activity and what you learned.
- Below the text box, there are stars to rate the module. Click on the number of stars you would give in rating this module.
- Click the Submit button.
You’ve now completed your skill and submitted your report. You now have the option to share your reflection with your group. To do so, click the blue link below your report on the module.
Sharing your report is a great way to start a discussion with your group -- and your health coach!
How to Print a Skill or Create a PDF:
While on the Skills page using your web browser:
- Click on the Skill that you’d like to print.
- Once the Skill Module loads, click the print icon located in the upper right corner of the page.
- A window will open for you to select your printer and print settings. You will be able to print the Skill or save it as a PDF.
How to Cancel a Skill:
You may cancel a Skill Module once its required time has elapsed. To cancel your Skill Module, the skill must appear under Modules in Progress on your Skills page.
- Click on the title of the skill you would like to cancel.
- In the report box, there is a link in the lower left near the rating section. Click Cancel this module.
- Your participation in this module has now been cancelled. If you’d like to participate in the module again, you will find it under the “Available” view on your Skills page.
How to Hide a Skills Module:
While on the Skill Module page:
- Scroll down to the very bottom of the page.
- In the bottom right, you will see grey text: I’m not interested. Hide this module. This text will be directly to the right of the blue Commit to this Module button:
- Click Hide this module.
- You will be taken back to the Skills page. The module will be removed from the available modules view.
How to Review Completed Skills:
- Click on the box that reads All. Select from the Skills’ categories:
- Eat Well
- Stay Active
- The page will automatically refresh and reload with the filter applied.
How to View My Group's Skills:
You can see which skill your group members are currently participating in under the “Group Activity” section on your Skills page. This area will highlight the activities other members of your group are currently committed to but have not yet reported on.
For Skills you’ve completed, you will be able to read responses from fellow group members who have elected to share for that particular skill.
To view your group members' shared responses:
- In the blue box, change the view of the modules from "Available" to "Completed".
- Click on the Skill you'd like to view.
- Scroll down to where you see a blue box that says "Your Group Reported..."
- Click the blue link that says Show all responses.
- You’ll now be able to view all the responses your group shared for that skill module.