The option to connect and transfer weight data from your Omada app to your GoogleFit or Samsung Health on Android is now available. After the connection has been established, Omada will send data to GoogleFit or Samsung Health including the existing weight data and will continue to send new data until the connection is turned off.
To turn on integration within the Omada app on Android:
- Within the Omada app, tap the triple bar “≡” menu icon on the upper lefthand corner of your screen to open the sidebar menu.
- Tap “Settings”.
- Navigate to the Health Tracking section and tap on Apps & Devices.
- If you would like to connect to your S Health app, select “Samsung Health”.
- Tap “Connect to Samsung Health”.
- You may either allow “All permissions” or scroll down to enable “Weights” and tap “Done” once finished selecting.
- You should now see a checkmark next to Samsung Health within the Omada app. This indicates your weight data has been connected.
- If you would like to connect your Google Fit app, select “Google Fit”.
- Tap “Connect to Google Fit”.
- You may either allow “All permissions” or enable “Weights” and tap “Sign in with Google” once finished selecting.
- A prompt should appear to “Choose an account”, tap your preferred email address.
- You should now see a checkmark next to Google Fit within the Omada app. This indicates your steps data has been connected.
*Please note: if the Health app icon is already checked, you will need to adjust your Settings directly from GoogleFit or Samsung Health app to disable integration.