What is a Smart Goal?
The SMART in SMART goals stands for Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-Bound. The SMART Goals feature allows members in every program (e.g., At-Risk/Prevention, Diabetes Type 2 and Hypertension) to choose and track short-term measurable goals. As goal-setting is central to long-term behavior change, this feature allows you to choose one area you would like to focus on for a set duration of time. We encourage you to explore and take advantage of this feature!
How to set up a Smart Goal
They are not mandatory; you can dismiss working on them. If you dismiss the feature, the invite on the Home screen will be moved below the Action List.
Please note: At this time, SMART goals can only be set up via the mobile app. This feature is not available via web browser.
1. From the Home page (on the mobile app) click on the “Get Started” button
2. If you click “Maybe later”, the Goal tile will go at the bottom of the Action List.
3. You choose which area you would like to focus on.
4. You choose what you would like to do when it comes to your focus area.
5. You choose how you will focus on your area of interest and choose a goal.
6. You choose when you will do the task and for how long
7. You will describe how challenging it will be to complete the goal before submitting it.
9. You will also be prompted to create an action plan for your goal. You can skip this if you would like.
8. You can track your daily goal progress via your Action List.
- If your goal "expires" after you track it, you can cancel the goal in order to adjust the frequency.
9. You can only choose a new goal once the goal duration is met.
- OR, you can edit or change your goal by canceling your current goal. Click on your current goal in the app and click “Cancel goal” at the bottom of the screen. This will allow you to make any changes.
- Please note: Coaches cannot cancel or edit goals
10. You can access all past goals from the Progress page or your Goal homepage.
- From this screen, you can review the different types of goals you've set and track your reflections.